Life Update

I was able to go on duty at the NICU and monitor babies who are in much need of monitoring due to neonatal conditions brought about prematurity. Some of the babies in the NICU have jaundice, hence the blue light phototherapy, and apnea of prematurity. It was very difficult to monitor these babies because I had to stop myself from crying. They couldn't be with their parents 24/7 and they're struggling to survive at such an early age. Rotation in pediatrics taught me to be compassionate especially to the little ones who still have a long way to go in life however are struggling to stay alive at such a young age. I pray my patients get better without the long term sequelae of their diseases. May they live a healthy and normal life with love from their parents.
Also had the chance to catch a baby who was delivered preterm via cesarean section. She was put in an incubator for thermoregulation. 
During my face-to-face duty, my sister had acute progression to CKD stage 5 due to chronic glomerulonephritis and was getting treatment (including dialysis) in the same hospital where I was rotating. This was something that was unprecedented. She didn't have any symptoms. Her chronic condition was silent until onset of acute symptoms i.e. shortness of breath and cough a few days prior to admission. She's currently getting dialysis twice a week (on Wednesdays and Saturdays) however, she'll need a kidney transplant for a definitive and long-term treatment. We're currently scouting for donors however the progress has been slow-paced.
I had a catch-up dinner with friends, Mina and Sher. We ate burgers at our usual place and it gave me relief and comfort that I was able to vent out my exhaustion. Sher is getting married on the 4th of December. Sadly, I can't go because of expenses that's why I'm hoping to celebrate with her during her bridal shower. 
My aunt took us to this private subdivision overlooking the city. We had our morning walk and it was really refreshing. The view is really good and the air was also nice. I hope to someday get a house with this kind of view.
Sometimes, I take my brother out in the mall to get coffee. He got vaccinated against COVID this month! His 2nd dose will be on the 27th. I'm taking him to the mall because

0 comments