online clerkship

This year, I passed junior year and got promoted to senior clerk. It's a period in medical school where students get to hone their skills in handling patients in order to give proper care. We, as medical students, get to apply our knowledge of basic medical concepts to actual cases and help out with patient management.

Unfortunately, due to the uncontrolled COVID-19 cases, the city was put into lockdown and we're forced to have our clerkship online.

Am I liking it (online clerkship) so far?

At first, it gave a bit of relief because I felt I was in no-way ready to handle patients. I've never had any hospital-work exposure before and it scared me a lot. Over a few weeks, I realized that it was a fear I had to eventually face. Despite our current learning setup, the school and its affiliated hospitals made efforts to teach us. I'm hoping that we'll be get to have face-to-face learning soon and be able to hone our skills in building rapor with patients. 


0 comments