Earlier this week, we started our face-to-face clinical rotation at the Maria Reyna Xavier University Hospital.
It was very daunting. It was my first time to ever go on duty. I didn't know much of how the system worked but eventually I got familiar with it. I had new experiences that made me feel nervous and anxious but at the end of the day, those new experiences gave me clarity and reassurance that I am were I'm supposed to be.
New experiences:
1. I got to hone my patient-interaction skills.
2. I used my Trodat stamp in making progress notes of patients.
3. I got to enter the labor room (LR), delivery room (DR), and neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
4. I watched normal spontaneous vaginal delivery (NSVD), episiotomy, and episiorrhaphy happen.
5. On my last day of duty (at the OB department for this sem), I spent 24 hours in the hospital.
6. I presented a case during endorsements and was able to answer questions from the consultants.
I am currently in home quarantine for a week before I rotate in NMMC's pediatrics department this October 9th. Looking back at how I ended September, I feel extremely grateful to my groupmates, the patients, residents, and consultants for all the learning opportunities. I am hoping to learn more on my next shift in this hospital department.


0 comments