Most days of my summer was spent watching a lot of series. I enjoy them a lot especially during school days when I have nothing to do or when I get the need to relax a bit from academics.
Here's a roundup of my favorite series. Some of them are inspirational to those who dream of becoming medical doctors. Some of them are just mind boggling and have really good actors and plot. They're awesome. No lie. Go check them out!
1. DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN
This is one of the favorite series. Descendants of the Sun (DOTS) definitely has everything: drama, romance, action and medicine. It's a love story of a doctor and the captain of the South Korean Special Forces Unit.
I really like the series. I like the fact that the series gives importance to oaths, services and promises. It also gave me a whole new perspective on what it takes to be a doctor and a soldier; the danger and the protocols of them all. Cinematography is really good especially on the scene where the main characters were riding at the back of a truck. Music is really good as well. "You are my everything" became part of a lot of people's playlist. The filming sites were mostly in Greece: Zakynthos Island, Lemnos island, Arahova, and Taebaek. At first, I didn't realize they had filmed it in Greece until I Googled a photo of the old rusted boat on the shore. They filmed in not-so-typical places of Greece and I think is good tourism. Not mainstreaming at all. Thumbs way up for DOTS!
2. DOCTORS
Doctors is also a new televisions series this 2016. Doctors is about a prickly high school girl who falls for her professor who is a surgeon. The girl ends up being a surgeon too and they reunite and indulge in a relationship.
It's good though I prefer Descendants of the Sun (DOTS) more than Doctors because the romance of this series over weighs the medicine theme to a point that it toppled over it. What I like about this series though is that they emphasize on the fact that: people shouldn't be judged by where they came from but from what they bring to the table and that: anyone can be anything as long as the mind can dream it. Drama is greatly depicted by the actors. It's more inspirational because it shows the journey (especially the misfortunes) of the girl before becoming a doctor.
3. GAME OF THRONES
Game of Thrones is a series about an iron throne and the people who would kill thousands just to sit on it. It is concerned with politics as well as romance. I really like the plot and all its twists and turns though I think some characters died a bit too early than expected.
Awesome series! The best on this list! I finished all six season in a week. Every episode ended in a way that made me want to continue to the next episode right away. Casting is really nice. I really like the girl who played Arya Stark. There are a lot of famous actors in GoT and they play their parts tremendously well. Cinematography is good. Music is good too. I really like the intro music. It builds a certain feel every episode. Acting is also great especially fighting and death scenes. Some really made me cringe. I really love this series and I can't wait for the next season. I should warn young audiences that there are a lot of disturbing scenes about violence and sex. Viewer discretion is advised.
4. HOUSE MD
House MD is about Dr. Gregory House who is a medical genius and head of diagnostics. He often encounters arguments with his team and other doctors in the hospital because his diagnosis seems less likely but ends up being right.
House is another inspirational series. It is inspired by Sherlock only, it involves medicine. There are no ordinary cases in House MD. The disease or the ailment is somehow masked by confusing symptoms. Dr. House works like a detective and figures out what disease or ailment the patients actually have. The series is really good. It actually inspired me a lot and I hope I can be better than most doctors. I know that, in the real world, most of the patients aren't cured because erroneous diagnosis and treatments. Music used in the series is superb. Tbh, I usually go check them out on YouTube.com. Cinematography is okay. I guess long series aren't that keen on cinematography. Overall, the series is great! I loved it!
5. SHERLOCK
Sherlock is a crime drama tv series based on detective stories by Arthur Conan Doyle. It's about a consultant detective, Sherlock Holmes, his flatmate, Dr. John Watson and the crimes they solve together. Sherlock is a high functioning sociopath who claim he has no friends and fails to realize that there are people who actually care for him.
The series is quite stunning and mind-blowing. It puts the mind into a lot of work. Subtitles are recommended because Sherlock talks absolutely fast. Cinematography is great. I like the filming sites and how they decorated the scenes. Music is good too; very iconic. Casting was perfect. No one can act Sherlock better than Benedict Cumberbatch. I can't wait for Season 4 this 2017!
3 comments