2016 has been the one of the craziest years I have ever lived. This year, I battled on incredibly new things. Also, this year has been one great roller coaster ride. I have had my ups and downs (but mostly downs). I struggled a lot and I am grateful to every person who helped me surpass all the challenges that life threw at me this year.
One
of the things that were new to me was traveling without being chaperoned by my
mom. I went to Tagum City, a 12-hour
travel from Iligan. I went there with my friends and attended Angelica’s debut
after which, Angelica’s mom took us on a tour around Tagum City’s most
beautiful tourist spots including the largest rosary in the world, Christ the King Cathedral, and many others. It was a very tiring travel but all worth it. Thank you Pagdilao family for having us!
The first few months of 2016 are filled with field trips. We went to Initao, Manticao, Naawan and Bacolod for sampling in our Biodiversity class. It was very fun mainly because of the travels with my blockmates. I also had the chance to ride a kayak!
Of course, a year isn’t a year without academics. 2016 has been really tough for me. I had the privilege of studying under the supervision of the
most terror professors in CSM and also some of the kindest. Physiology was one of the hardest
subjects I took last semester. I had to buy
my own printer and had to print hundreds of pages just so I can study and pass but despite the hardships I had, I must say,
it made me a better student and that makes it all worth it. Cheers to all the study sessions!
Last semester, I also had the chance to learn Adobe Photoshop
and video editing in a relatively short span of time. I have my
friend, Karyl, to thank for always sitting by my side and answering my
questions even if they were redundant. I also had fun hopping from one coffee shop to the next just so we can finish our magazine project. This year, I also went back to blogging. It was tough deleting my old blog since I had made friends with some people but it's good to start back again.
This year is, too, about
friends: Angelica, Karyl, Pia, Christine, Arrah, Talia, Keith and Jemimah. I have been so blessed to have met people like them and I am grateful to have spent another year with them.
This Christmas break, I met up with my friends, Nicole and
Vanessa. We’ve been friends since elementary but we took different high schools
and universities but all the while, we never stopped being friends. With them,
I know that months without talking means nothing and that seeing each other after
a very long time is worth it because we get to see how much we've grown.
This year was all about family. My aunt and her
family came to live with us for a while which was really great since the house
is really quiet with just me, my mom and my brother.
Also, my uncle from the
mother side of the family came home from KSA. He’s been working hard lately and
I am really grateful that I get to be closer to my mother's siblings.
2016 wasn't all perfect. I lost an uncle last November 30. I only had one chance to visit him and I am somehow glad that my last memory of him is his jokes, smiles and laughter. Before the year ends, I hope my cousins and I can get together since our parents are growing old and I feel that we need to go back on our roots and bond because soon enough, we'll be in our parents places. Time flies so fast that in a span of months, a lot of things can change and I think we should embrace it.
</2016>




2 comments