Yesterday, my family and I went to the beach and the experiences are without doubt, completely unforgettable! We had breakfast there and we tried the glass boat and the neighboring resort’s water sports: paddle boat, kayak and the energy (tiger shark) ride -all except the kayak were our firsts.
My mom and I had planned this trip only days prior to it. We were bored at home and we thought that we should end 2016 with a blast. The 29th was the perfect date since the 30th is a holiday and a lot of people would go to the beach and on the 31st, we'd be too busy with New Year preparations.
One of the four rides we availed was this glass boat that took us far off the coast. The photo on the left is me sitting at the tip of the deck. We viewed corals and fishes on the reef through this glass window on the bottom boards. There were a lot of starfish, blue tang fish (yes, Dory and her relatives) and brain corals. It was really great. It was definitely best ride we had that day!
The beach we went to is only an hour away from Iligan so travel time isn't really a problem. I really recommend it to people who want to have cheap but really worth it escapades and getaways.
For the second time this year (and ever in my life), I went kayaking (first photo). I really love kayaking. It’s really relaxing and I really enjoy how the kayak dances with the waves. It’s really soothing to both the mind and body. I can’t wait to go again!
AAAHHH!
My sister and I tried the resort’s Tiger Shark ride (last photo). We were pretty excited because it was our first time. The idea was to hold on to this inflated ride while a speed boat pulls it to speed. When the speed boat started to gain velocity, our ride capsized in the middle of the sea! My sister and I were submerged for a very long time. The moment I felt the speed boat slow down, I swam towards it. We were in the open waters which meant we were maybe- in the midst of carnivorous aquatic creatures lurking deep (Yikes!).
With us today were our family driver, Manong Bobby, and helper, ate Marife, who are like family to us. Nanay Fe took care of us since we were kids and now she takes care of my little brother.

The memories we had are indeed amazing! Despite the incident we experienced with on of their rides, we had fun. 2016 has been good and I can't wait to make more memories with my family this 2017. Insha' Allah. Alhamdulillah for family!





0 comments