Two Things I learned This Semester
We are finally done with our oral defense for our developmental biology class. I have to say, we slayed it with our formal outfits and near-to-flawless paper and report. Wala naman perfect diba? (but we’re still hoping for 1.00 though). L to R: Khiara, Joel, Ayah, Me, Adel, Nico
As of today, some of my profs already locked in our grades and that inspired me to make a post about the two valuable life lessons I learned this semester. So, here goes:
#1 Always do everything in the best way you can.
Even if you don’t have the motivation to do loads of work (if you don’t like the professor, or the subject, or both), just do your best. All efforts will pay off and remember that it’s an investment that’ll help you in the long run.
#2 Never let the educational system cage your mind.
This is one of the most common problems we have. The educational system trains us to think alike and follow rules. I read an article that conveys that success in academics doesn’t automatically mean success in life. In fact, a study was conducted and it resulted in a conclusion that students who strive way too hard for academic excellence "typically settle into the system instead of shaking it up”. So I guess a tip of awesomeness is to keep your feet on the ground, to follow rules but at the same time, let your mind wander freely.
For the full article I mentioned, just click here.

0 comments