Last week, we finished our last examinations for sophomore year in med school. We had a total of 21 (not sure) exams in three weeks. Yesterday, our batch adviser contacted those who will be taking the revalida. Alhamulillah, my close friends and I didn’t get any text message. (It means we did good. :-) ) Anyway, I just wanted to make a post to wrap up sophomore year in med school.

Sophomore year in med school was hard. I feel like second year in med school is about developing critical thinking in the medical field— learning to address the chief complaint of the patient, diagnosis, and management based on the many algorithms found in Harrison’s Internal Medicine. It was hard to keep up with the pace because we had to learn about the different approach to certain symptoms, as well as working and alternative diagnoses— from epidemiology to etiology, clinical manifestations, prognosis, and management as well. The school year needed tedious work and I’m grateful to have a few people whom I took on the challenge with. 

My friends (Mina and Sher) and I ended the school year with burgers. On the last day of exams, we went to Backyard BBQ for some quality beef. The day after, we had our anti-Hbs titers taken and then we went to Sher’s place to watch movies and eat some seafood from RedTail.

Currently, I'm just waiting for the official results, praying for my batchmates who will be taking the revalida exam, and just be grateful that I got to finish the school year strong. :-)

0 comments