MED DOS


While I was cleaning my room, I stumbled upon a few of the many instax photos I recently took. I got a bit sentimental so I scanned them (using CamSanner app) so I could share the stories behind the photos. These are just some of the instax photos I took during (and a few days after) 2nd year in med school.


The Barracks. Early in the school year, I spent most of my study time at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf - Lim Ket Kai Gateway in Cagayan de Oro City. On weekends, I spent entire days studying with my “study buddies” (Daloy, Mina, Kuya Fais, and Rayyana). We pumped our body with caffeine and tried to catch up on school work and reading logs. We didn’t really talk much during productive hours. Having friends study on the nearby table gave me comfort that I wasn’t facing med-student problems alone.


Carnival Fun. Sometime in August, the carnival opened for the Higalaay Festival (Cagayan de Oro Fiesta). Me and my friends went there a couple of times and tried on several rides. We rode bumper cars, roller coasters, and the carousel.


On Febuary 2020, my buddy, Karyl, and I took on Lampanag Ridge, Barangay Impasugong, Bukidnon. It was my frist time to go trekking and I’m really glad that I went with my buddy. We travelled at 12 midnight from Cagayan de Oro City. We arrived at Bukidnon around 3AM and then started trekking at 4AM. We paid respect to the Lumad Datu before we left the ridge.


Friends. I made a lot of friends this school year and I feel like I connected with the right ones. I grew a lot as a person too. I learned to connect with people and keep it real. Less drama and more fun times. Every after-exam, my friends and I would celebrate either by grabbing pizza, buffet, or unli wings. Above is a photo of me and my moshie (Muslim) friends. We spontaneously went out for pizza.   Below, on the left-hand side is a photo of Mina, Kuya Fais, and me. It was my late birthday treat at Yellow Cab pizza. On the right is a photo of Sher, Mina, and me. We went out for burgers. This was after three long weeks of examinations.


The calm after the storm. Rayyana, Mark, and I celebrated the end of sophomore year at Romantic Baboy - Lim Ket Kai. It was my first time to eat there. I’m not a fan of Korean-style dining, but the beef there was soooo good! Can’t wait to dine there again. :-)


0 comments