Internship diaries: Electives + OB

I started my internship last August at Northern Mindanao Medical Center, the same hospital where I had my clerkship. 

The first two months, I rotated in my chosen electives: pathology, otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, anesthesiology, and family medicine. Above photo: (C) me intubating a patient under Anesthesia

Probably one of the highlights in my pathology rotation is that we got to crash an event by MOMS (Misamis Oriental Medical Society) as ushers. We got to dress up fancy and eat at Luxe.
Above: (L) with the pathology residents on our last day in patho, (C) selfie with ENT clerks at the ER in front of our cute cubicle, (R) photo with the ENT residents, my co-PGIs, and clerks

After electives, I rotated in obstetrics and gynecology. It's a daunting department with a different level of exhaustion and yet I've learned to enjoy and love it. Although residents terrify me, I try to learn as much from them — and I did. Thank you, doctors. 

Also, we got matching pink scrubs the we wear almost every duty.
One of the pink residents got engaged and married last month and we got to join in and throw her a bridal shower. (R) Also another core memory, my groupmates and I went to Bluetail, a cafe within Ultra Winds Mountain Resort. Still during our previous status. The view was super nice and the place was really relaxing. I ordered a strawberry-flavored frappe, my new go-to flavor.
We also had a ton of help from our clerks from XU and Liceo. I hope they learned from us. (R) DQ break after OPD; (L) selfie at the ward, my least liked post
We had a breather before diving into our next rotation, pediatrics. My groupmates booked an airbnb within the city; they had alcohol, I had Mountain Dew; and we had a good time. 

I really appreciate my team for all the fun times, the brunches and dinners, the coffee breaks, the whispers and chismis. Hehe I wouldn't be able to cope up to the stress and exhaustion if it weren't for them sharing the journey with me.

And that's it! We're finally done with OB. Pink babies out!

0 comments