✨πŸ’• 🌻 Mental Health Month 2017 🌻 πŸ’• ✨


Hi guys! This month of May is Mental Health Month and postitforward is encouraging bloggers to share their experiences and struggles to other people, inspire and let them know that they’re not alone on whatever problem they’re going through. Postitforward gives bloggers a chance to reach out to others and make this platform into a more friendly community. If you like, you can also participate! Just click here.

Self-care and Personal Well-being

My story (losing my dad):
Before anything else, I just want to share that I was depressed for quite some time. It started when my dad got diagnosed with liver cirrhosis back in 2012. It was very stressful for me because I was away from home and my parents tried everything but nothing seemed to work. My dad wanted me out of it because he didn’t want me to get distracted from school. I was a dormer in high school at that time so access to the phone was very limited. I was far apart from my family. Every time we talked on the phone, I tried so much to sound normal despite the lump on my throat and the tears in my eyes. His time came and I cried almost every night. I couldn’t sleep well but somehow, with the right mix of family and friends, I was able to draw out the sadness in me and channel it into something positive. I took care of myself and became inspired and more determined in everything I do. I did better. Sometimes, I’d still cry about losing my dad but it’s a different kind of feeling than before. I don’t feel lost anymore because I know that there are people who are willing to wipe the tears off my eyes. Nowadays, I like to think that me being able to go through it all meant something bigger and that leaving us was my dad’s last mission on Earth because it was definitely the push I needed to be whom he wanted me to be. // I miss you so much, papa. I’m trying to do better and each day, I’m striving hard to be a better version of myself. I hope you are proud of me. Thank you for everything! 
If you’re going through the same things I did, please feel free to message me if you have any questions especially about coping. I would definitely love to hear from you and try to help you go through it.

Acts of Self Care

  1. Bond with friends and family
  2. Cry if needed
  3. Dance
  4. Eat healthy food
  5. Have a peer-support group and get supportive friendships
  6. Ice cream!
  7. Keep an art journal and make art
  8. Listen to music and sing your heart out
  9. Pamper thy self
  10. Take a lot of pictures & be a photo-hobbyist (look at the world a little deeper)
  11. Sleep
  12. Take a long walk on the beach
  13. Write down your thoughts
In short, do everything that makes you happy, relieves you of stress, and gives you a positive outlook on life. That’s it!

0 comments